jerry
What an amazing cheesecake. I got the recipe from none other that the The Pioneer Woman. I can't wait to get her cookbook..... woot woot. Anyway, I did change the crust a little after reading some comments by people who tried the recipe out already. I didn't pour the carmel over the crust before adding the cheesecake filling for fear it would caramelize and become to hard. I also didn't pour the carmel over the top of the cheesecake but instead I slowly swirled it into the cheesecake before I baked it. I do this with my amaretto cheesecake and I like the way it looks and tastes. Everyone loved this cheesecake and I'll definitely be making it again.



Crust:
12 ounces storebought gingersnaps
1/2 cup chopped pecans
6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Dash of salt

Filling:
4 packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
4 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 jar caramel topping
halved pecans
Extra crushed gingersnaps

In a food processor (or large ziplock bag) crush gingersnaps. Add chopped pecans, melted butter, brown sugar, and salt, and pulse (or mix) until thoroughly combined.
Press into bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill for 20-30 minutes.

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin and spices and mix again. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for 20 seconds between each addition. Add cream and mix until just combined.

Remove crust from fridge. Gently pour cheesecake filling in pan. Pour 3/4 cup of caramel topping on top and slowly swirl into the cheesecake, being careful not to disturb the crust. You also don't want to over mix the carmel into the cheesecake. Then take the pecans and place around the edge of the pan and then slowly drizzle carmel over the pecans. Place pan in a water-bath and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes, or until no longer soupy. I also check the internal temperature with a thermometer to make sure it reads 150. Cheesecake should still be somewhat jiggly. Cool on counter for 30 minutes. Chill cheesecake for another four hours or overnight.
0 Responses

Post a Comment