jerry

My husband hates fish. He hates the look of fish, the taste of fish, the smell of fish, basically he just wont eat fish. In all honesty if I would have known he didn't eat fish before we were married I would have probably called off the wedding. I'm happy that I didn't know this flaw before hand because I love my husband. Anyway.... I love eating fish and after all these years of denying myself such a wonderful source of protein I decided that I was going to make fish once a week no matter what. My husband wasn't happy with this but he said he would try and keep an open mind. When I found this recipe I thought that it was a little too simple but it looked good. By the way I found this recipe on the Paula Deen web site. I guess Bobby is her son and cooks with his mom sometimes. It seems that cooking is a family affair for this family. Now on to the problem I encountered with fish night. My husband knew I was going to be cooking fish and so he decided to go pick up some barbeque for himself before he got home. I was extremely mad. I couldn't believe that he would eat before coming home. He did felt bad after seeing how upset I was. I really loved this recipe and will make it again on fish night and if my husband decided to not eat with us that's his loss.

Butter cooking spray
4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
1 teaspoon SIlly Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
2 tablespoons butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a large cast iron pan with a nonstick butter spray.

Rinse fish and pat dry; place on the prepared baking sheet. Season each fillet with Silly Salt, cracked pepper, lime zest and lime juice. Add fish to the pan. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes.

Yield 4 servings
Labels: , , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment