jerry


I'm always trying to find ways to put feta cheese in my food. So when we attended a dinner party at my friend Cindy's house and she served brown rice with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and golden raisins, I thought it would taste even better with feta. I went home and started working on a recipe. I think I could have used a little more feta but the husband and kids seemed to think it turned out just fine the way it was. They aren't as big a fan of feta as I am. I had lots of leftovers which I ended up eating for lunch several days in a row.

2 cups of cooked (steamed) brown rice
3 cups cooked spinach
1 cup of finely chopped green onion
1 cup of seedless golden raisins
1/2 of sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red peppers
5 oz. fat free feta cheese
10 tablespoons Red Wine Vinaigrette


Cook the rice and spinach separately. Set aside and let them cool once they're done. (1 cup of uncooked brown rice yields a little more than 3 cups of cooked rice) In a large bowl, combine rice, spinach, feta, raisins, sun-dried tomatoes(red peppers), green onions, making sure everything is evenly distributed. Add the red wine vinaigrette and continue to stir, ensuring even distribution.
0 Responses

Post a Comment